The Principles of Leadership Effectiveness
A White Paper by Rick Kinlsey at Kinsley Sarn Executive Search
Think for a moment about some of the best leaders you have known. What attributes differentiated the best leaders from others? Street smarts? Business acumen? Management skills? Strategy savvy? Charisma? Operating skills?
All of these attributes are clearly valuable however none provide a leader what a leader needs most: followers.
"Follower-ship" requires six core leadership principles:
- Focusing on my team's objective while avoiding self-deception
- Building and sustaining strong relationships with my boss and my peers
- Building and sustaining strong relationships with my team
- Actively teaching and enabling others to achieve shared objectives
- Providing effective performance feedback
- Taking decisive corrective action
Want to learn more? Download the white paper.